[Sugar-devel] File transfer in Telepathy

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes
Tue Dec 2 12:51:12 EST 2008

Hi guys,

As announced during my talk at Sugar Camp, we are making good progress
on file transfer support in Telepathy.

I just released [1] telepathy-salut 0.3.6 which implement this new
interface. So if someone is interested to implement object sharing [2]
in Sugar, he can start using Salut. Of course, we'll be happy to answer
to any question on #telepathy or using our mailing list.

The D-Bus API is documented in the Telepathy specification [3] and I
wrote a simple client in Python [4] (which has not been reviewed yet and
is just a demo script so probably need some polishing).

I have a sugar-jhbuild branch [5] updating moduleset to use latest
Salut. This new release depends on glib 2.16, dbus 1.1.0  and
libsoup-2.2.
As these modules are not in the modulesets, I don't know what's your
policy for them.

Next step is to implement file transfer in Gabble. That's one of our
priority and we have someone at Collabora currently working on it; so
that should be available pretty soon.

Regards,

	G.

[1]