[sugar] Our final release for Sugar 0.82, and handling translations

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Tue Aug 5 18:07:31 EDT 2008

Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> I just finished sending out mails to most of our language team leads,
> reminding them to commit their translations. I would recommend that
> you wait a bit till tomorrow (evening??) till the final translations
> are in, before packaging them (apologies about this, I'll remember to
> send in the reminders earlier during the next release cycle).

Sure, let's start to do releases after 18 UTC.

> I expect some PO files to be malformated  - if you face any trouble
> (msgfmt choking), you can mail me, or ping me on IRC (my username is
> unmadindu, and I'm on #sugar on FreeNode most of the time).

Buildbot is useful:

make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/buildbot/slave/quick/build/source/sugar-toolkit/po'
file=`echo mr | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
      && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file mr.po
file=`echo rw | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
      && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt -o $file rw.po
rw.po:116: missing `msgstr[]' section
rw.po:142: missing `msgstr[]' section
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
make[2]: *** [rw.gmo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/buildbot/slave/quick/build/source/sugar-toolkit/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/buildbot/slave/quick/build/source/sugar-toolkit'

Thanks!!!
Marco