[sugar] Our final release for Sugar 0.82, and handling translations

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Tue Aug 5 17:27:50 EDT 2008

Hello Developers,

I just finished sending out mails to most of our language team leads,
reminding them to commit their translations. I would recommend that
you wait a bit till tomorrow (evening??) till the final translations
are in, before packaging them (apologies about this, I'll remember to
send in the reminders earlier during the next release cycle).

There will be no further file additions - files may only get updated.
Recently added languages include Slovenian (sl) and Norwegian Bokm?l
(nb).

############# ******** Important ********* #############
Maintainers who maintain packages managed via autotools should update
the ALL_LINGUAS field in their configure.ac files to ensure that _all_
po files get added to the build.

Activity authors should update their MANIFEST files to ensure that all
translation related files are taken care of.
############# ******** Important ********* #############

I will be trying to ensure that all packages do the above, but if you
can do it alone (without my prodding), I will be most grateful ;-).

While making Changelogs, if you want to mention the full name of the
languages with updated translations, install the package iso-codes in
your system, and issue the command

         grep -A 1 'code="NN"' /usr/share/xml/iso-codes/iso_639.xml

(where NN is the language code that you see in the Git log). Thanks to
Simon for pointing this out. If you have a better way to do this, let
me know. I'll try to make the Git commit messages prettier during the
next cycle.

I expect some PO files to be malformated  - if you face any trouble
(msgfmt choking), you can mail me, or ping me on IRC (my username is
unmadindu, and I'm on #sugar on FreeNode most of the time).

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have in your mind.

Thank you and have a great day,

Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta