[sugar] Proposal: Activity developers mailing list)

FFM ffm
Sun Aug 3 12:21:08 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 10:43:30AM -0500, Bastien wrote:
> "Martin Langhoff" <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > FWIW, Sugar + activities are still somewhat tightly coupled, as Sugar
> > and the underlying OS API are changing. As long as that is true, to
> > maintain an activity to a good standard, you have to keep an eye on
> > devel@ and/or sugar-devel at .
> >
> > My rule of thumb is to try and keep people together -- recommending
> > filters sometimes -- until the traffic gets so heavy *and* a distinct
> > subcommunity can be split off. IMHO neither is true here (yet!).
>
> (Fair enough.  In any case, my awareness about Sugar and the activities
> development is not strong enough to dispute about the relevance of such
> a list -- 'was just dropping a few opinions.)

As opposed to a new list, we could use the "topics" function of mailman to enable
people to select that they only want "python breakage" emails, for example, that
contain a certin regexp. This topic can be addded by the list admin, per
<http://www.esosoft.com/support/mailinglist/mailman/topics.html>

-FFM