[sugar] telepathy-gabble Tubes wire protocol change

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie
Mon Sep 3 14:05:33 EDT 2007

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 at 15:43:27 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> FYI to all developers using Tubes:
>
> The version of Gabble I hope to upload to sugar-jhbuild soon (we're waiting
> for go-ahead from Jim Gettys) changes the wire protocol to something we're
> able to support longer term. Once it arrives in sugar-jhbuild it'll also
> be in the next image build.
>
> The new protocol is incompatible - if old and new clients join the same
> activity, old clients will not see messages that were sent by new
> clients and vice versa - so once this change goes in, everyone who cares
> about collaborative activities and Tubes should upgrade to the new version
> of Gabble.

This has now been committed and your sugar-jhbuild should pick it up
next time you build telepathy-gabble.

Marco/J5, could you make sure a new snapshot goes into the next RPM/image
build? Thanks!

Regards,
	Simon