[sugar] Can I buy a clue about sugar-jhbuild and dependencies?

drew einhorn drew.einhorn
Sun Mar 11 18:23:05 EDT 2007

Guido,

I too am struggling with building sugar on a 32-bit Ubuntu Dapper box.
Actually its and Edubuntu box, but I think that's only a different set of
apps on top.  But there could be subtle differences I am not aware of.

But I'm seeing much different symptoms.

What version of automake is running on your box?

See:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux#automake_version_mismatch

Perhaps you were smart enough to force you way past the problems I gave
up on, before I dug into the wiki and found this clue and switched to
automake-1.9

If that's your problem there are different problems down the road.

Actually I've got a couple boxes I'm working on one is a Dapper box
and another is an Edgy.  Right now both boxes are blowing up is
slightly different places in step 25/27 of build-base building mozilla.

Drew

> I'm suspecting sugar-jhbuild's sanitycheck command is not finding the
> modules that its build-base or build command installs. E.g. when
> trying to build gtk+ (./sugar-jhbuild buildone gtk+) it very quickly
> complains:
>
> Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.12.0' but version of GLib is 2.10.3
> Requested 'cairo >= 1.2.0' but version of cairo is 1.0.4
>
> even though previous calls to "./sugar-jhbuild build glib" and ditto for
> cairo.
>
> This is on ubuntu dapper, 32-bit. I've overcome the glib assembler
> error by commenting out a few lines in gatomic.c for now.

Drew Einhorn