[sugar] Can I buy a clue about sugar-jhbuild and dependencies?

Guido van Rossum guido
Sun Mar 11 17:03:49 EDT 2007

I'm suspecting sugar-jhbuild's sanitycheck command is not finding the
modules that its build-base or build command installs. E.g. when
trying to build gtk+ (./sugar-jhbuild buildone gtk+) it very quickly
complains:

Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.12.0' but version of GLib is 2.10.3
Requested 'cairo >= 1.2.0' but version of cairo is 1.0.4

even though previous calls to "./sugar-jhbuild build glib" and ditto for cairo.

This is on ubuntu dapper, 32-bit. I've overcome the glib assembler
error by commenting out a few lines in gatomic.c for now.