[sugar] RE: last day for another stable build

Ronak Chokshi rchokshi
Mon Mar 5 20:04:53 EST 2007

Marcelo,

We feel that whenever OLPC schedules a build of laptops, the wireless
firmware to be used in them should be the last stable version which has
been released through Marvell website and has most of the bug fixes from
the Marvell engineering team as well as the required feature set
targeted for that build of laptops. Also, more importantly, we would
also like to make sure that the wireless firmware has passed most of the
tests done by the Marvell QA team. All this takes time and in this
build's case, since the multicast support is required and has been very
newly added, there was not enough time to rigorously test the
development firmware released on the TechWiki by Cozybit or even time to
merge the recent bug fixes to this version of the firmware. Hence, I
said that "for the purpose of this build, we will have to use the
development build released by Cozybit on the TechWiki". So, I would look
at this more as an exception than a regular behavior that we would like
to follow going forward.

Thanks

Ronak