[sugar] Re: Quick Fix for intro screen problem under qemu with build 282

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin
Sat Mar 3 22:54:55 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 10:43:16PM +0100, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 16:32 -0500, Andrew Clunis wrote:
> > I volunteered to whip up a CD (with qemu and the ext3 image) for the GDC
> > conference, but alas, I didn't save the instructions Marco gave me on
> > IRC that fix the issue where qemu's lack of a camera makes the Intro
> > screen refuse to advance.
> >
> > Anyone have this for me?
>
> shell/intro/intro.py
>
> try:
>   import glive
>   self._video = glive.LiveVideoSlot(_VIDEO_WIDTH, _VIDEO_HEIGHT)
> except ImportError:
>   self._video = IntroFallbackVideo()
>
> I think you want to be using IntroFallbackVideo() on qemu. Dan might
> have ideas for a proper fix, otherwise I guess you can just hack it up.

Funny, I ran into the same probably yesterday. I got further though. I
change the code above to directly take the FallbackVideo path. Then I
ran into another problem. There are no pictures to select. This seems
due to some problem with the open-box filter. It doesn't allow jpg or
png, at least, so I couldn't find any substitute images that were
loadable.

I think we really only need a fake mickey-mouse picture in most cases.
Can somebody add a fallback for the fallback like mickey-mouse?