[sugar] setup.py #!/usr/bin/env python

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Jun 5 16:36:46 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 20:07 +0100, P?draig Brady wrote:
> Simon Schamijer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think the #!/usr/bin/python in setup.py in some of the activities
> > should be changed to use #!/usr/bin/env python. Otherwise the right
> > environment which is set to sugar shell will not be used - correct me if
> > i am wrong.
> > I had this problem in memosono and saw it at least in the write activity
> > as well.
>
> Just a point to note about that, is that
> if you use /usr/bin/env, the process name
> in the process list will be "python" rather
> than the name of the executable.

That's OK, there's python code that can easily replace the process name
with something sane, which we're going to use by default for python
activities that use the Sugar Activity classes.

We use /usr/bin/env in sugar-jhbuild quite heavily, since the python
there is a different python than what might be on the system.

dan