[sugar] Building Sugar - error with libmatchbox

Rafael Barbolo Lopes barbolo
Mon Jul 16 14:25:16 EDT 2007

Hi, I had some problemns when building libmatchbox and Tomeu helped me. So I
will post his solutions here (please, note that some solutions are specific
to my  locale). My OS is Ubuntu Feisty 32 bit.

The first error I got: http://pastebin.be/3911
Solution:
- go to sugar-jhbuild/sources/libmatchbox/tests and type the comand:
# gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/dump-image dump-image.o
-L/home/barbolo/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/source/libmatchbox-1.8/libmb
/home/barbolo/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/source/libmatchbox-1.8/libmb/.libs/libmb.so
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/barbolo/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib -lpng12

Second error: http://pastebin.be/3912
Solution: Edit line 223 in the Makefile
(sources/libmatchbox/tests/Makefile). Put in the end: -lpng12
The line should be: AM_CPPFLAGS =  -I../libmb -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/include/freetype2    -I/usr/include/libpng12  -lpng12

Third Error: http://pastebin.be/3913
Solution: Edit line 285 in the Makefile
(sources/libmatchbox/tests/Makefile). Put in the end: -lpng12
The line should be: $(LINK) $(dump_image_LDFLAGS) $(dump_image_OBJECTS)
$(dump_image_LDADD) $(LIBS) -lpng12

Now, when running make in source/libmatchbox directory, there's no errors
anymore.

Note that when running ./sugar-jhbuild it will drop all theses changes and
accuse errors again with libmatchbox, because it creates a new Makefile for
libmatchbox.

--
Rafael Barbolo Lopes