[sugar] Re: Problem building sugar-jhbuild

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Mon Jan 8 14:31:41 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 16:11 -0300, gonzalo delgado wrote:
> 2007/1/8, gonzalo delgado <gonzalo at tuquito.org.ar>:
>

>         I'm still getting this after starting over and choosing "Go to
>         configure stage" when it fails to run autoconf at libabiword:
>
>         *** Building xbook *** [30/38]
>         python setup.py build
>         Traceback (most recent call last):
>           File "setup.py", line 19, in ?
>             from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder
>         ImportError: No module named sugar.activity
>         *** error during stage build of xbook: Error running
>         ['python', 'setup.py', 'build'] *** [30/38]
>

> I'm starting to figure this one out. The PYTHON_PATH variable is set
> to:
>
> PYTHONPATH="/home/gonzalo/codigo/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/python2.4/site-packages:/usr/lib/portage/pym"
>
> but the python2.4/sitepackages subdirectory is actually in
> "/home/gonzalo/codigo/sugar-jhbuild/lib64"
>
> I change the PYTHONPATH variable to point to the correct place and
> doing "./sugar-jhbuild buildone xbook" successfully installs the xbook
> activity.
>  Now, how do I make that change global?

Oh hrm, lib64, that's going to be interesting... We should fix jhbuild
to get that path right I guess. Can you open a ticket? In the meantime
you might want to just patch jhbuild to set the PYTHONPATH correctly on
your box.

Marco