[sugar] Setting up a chroot env with build trees

John J5 Palmieri johnp
Wed Feb 7 18:14:48 EST 2007

So we generate build trees for various reasons along with the images.  I
was wondering if there is a way to make the barrier to entry lower by
having a script that uses a build tree to run the sugar environment.  If
we could do this testing out a bundle would be as easy as having a
script copy the bundle to the tree and run it in a chroot environment.
As much as I think jhbuild is what you want if you are hacking on sugar,
if all you want to do is test out a bundle it is a pain.  Qemu and other
VM's are slow and take you through the Linux boot process.  Doing a
chroot on a build tree would allow people to test on current and stable
builds with ease.