[sugar] First time Sugar user's experiences

Teus Benschop teus
Mon Oct 30 01:19:08 EST 2006

Hi,

As a first time user of Sugar, running it on a ATest board, so on real
hardware, I was trying out how the various icons on the screen work. I
clicked on several of them, but at first nothing happened. Then after a
while the screen started to change, but I got confused and didn't
realize which button caused which change. After some time I found out
that there is a considerable delay between clicking on a button and the
corresponding screen appearing.

Clicking on the draw button, the drawing screen only appeared after five
seconds, running on real hardware. This was after the drawing activity
had been loaded a couple of times before. When activating the drawing
activity for the first time after boot, it took even longer. Starting
the internet browser took more than 10 seconds.

Would there be any way that feedback is given to the user after he
clicks a button? Something like "Activating <activity name>", of similar.

Regards,

Teus.