[Fwd: [sugar] web.activity crash on ubuntu]

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue Oct 24 05:51:13 EDT 2006

Just in case someone has the same problem, it was a matter of deleting
source/gnome-python-extras and rebuilding it.

Regards,

Tomeu

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net>
To: Sugar List <sugar at laptop.org>
Subject: [sugar] web.activity crash on ubuntu
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:19:55 +0200

Hi,

I'm having this shared library problem and have been unable to solve.
When clicking on the web.activity icon, I get this traceback on
~/.sugar/default/logs/org.laptop.WebActivity.log:

ERROR - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/tomeu/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/shell/sugar-activity-factory",
line 44, in ?
    ActivityFactory.register_factory(sys.argv[1], sys.argv[2])
  File
"/home/tomeu/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/sugar/activity/ActivityFactory.py", line 102, in register_factory
    factory = ActivityFactory(name, activity_class)
  File
"/home/tomeu/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/sugar/activity/ActivityFactory.py", line 48, in __init__
    module = __import__(module_name)
  File
"/home/tomeu/sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/activities/web/webactivity.py",
line 30, in ?
    import _sugar
ImportError: /home/tomeu/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_sugar.so: undefined symbol: _ZN13nsCOMPtr_base25assign_from_gs_contractidE24nsGetServiceByContractIDRK4nsID

I think it has something to do with the ubuntu dapper's installation of
the mozilla components, but why the dbus-daemon is going outside
jhbuild, I don't know.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Tomeu