[sugar] "Garden": A (currently hypothetical) Sugar library for sharing state between Activity participants

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Tue Nov 28 05:12:09 EST 2006

> Actually, I thought that if a user was joined into several different
> gruops using the same activity, each would get its own process,
> completely discrete from the others.  That would mean that if one
> manages to crash or get into an inconsistent state, only that instance
> would go down.

Nope, or not necessarily. Right now every "kind" of activity has his own
process but all the activity instances are runned in the same process.
For example all web activities are run in the same process.

It's possible that this will change in the future but I don't think we
can/will force all activity instances to run in a separate process, so
the issue has to be considered.

Marco