[sugar] Re: patch - editable GeckoEmbed subclass

Robert Staudinger robert.staudinger
Sat Jul 29 12:09:53 EDT 2006

On 7/29/06, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpg at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I didn't look in the patch/problem in detail yet but if changing the
> directory layout make things simpler we could just change it... Thoughts?

Yeah, on a second thought I'd like to propose the following "refactorings":
+ Move to LGPL. Seems you are the only one credited so far so it
should be easy if it is ok for you. Maybe some day it should go into
the gnome platform and GPL is a problem for that ...
+ Rename src/ to gecko-embed/ as mentioned above, that would allow for
subclassing by library consumers (without hacks like conditional
includes in public headers, that is).
+ Rename GeckoEmbed to GeckoBrowser and geckoembed.Embed to
geckoembed.Browser. That would make more sense with a subclass called
GeckoEditor/geckoembed.Editor.
+ (not as important) rename gecko-embed.pc to gecko-embed-1.pc and
libgeckoembed.so to libgeckoembed-1.so so we are prepared for more
major versions if need be.

Would be great if we could do that now before there's a precious cvs
history to lose / manual intervention required.

Best,
Rob