[sugar] shared whiteboard

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Jul 25 11:24:59 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 17:00 +0200, Robert Staudinger wrote:
> On 7/24/06, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpg at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > About the white board idea, we have been considering a sketching
> > activity in our design thinking along to the browser one. It has not
> > been implemented yet because of time lack.
> > So if someone wants to give this a try... it would be totally cool.
>
> Hmm, on a second thought it might even be possible to build the
> frontend on gecko, but that would require XBL support. Would it be
> "allowed" to use such mozilla/gecko specifics?

Well, that might work, but I'd lean more towards non-browser-based
technologies here, unless you simply wanted to use Gecko as the
rendering engine.  But if you just want a rendering engine, there are
better, more application-specific options than Gecko.  Using gecko for
shared whiteboard is more like a sledgehammer for a finishing nail.
That said, we're already going to have gecko on the machines anyway.

Dan