[SoaS] Fwd: how to install the soas fedora spin on the hard drive?

Mel Chua metamel at gmail.com
Fri May 28 23:45:41 EDT 2010

> There are 2 main methods to install the soas spin to a Hard disk:
> (Both will convert to a non-live install)

Thomas, you're a support ninja. Thanks! :)

Joshua, thanks for pointing that out - maybe we should edit the text
of that spin page... installing SoaS directly to one's hard drive
isn't officially supported (since we're a liveusb-based distribution),
but if you'd like to do it anyway, then yep, the instructions Thomas
pointed out should work. It's just that we may not be able to help
quite as much if things go wrong there, though we'll do our best.

The confusion, I think, came in because SoaS is the only spin that
assumes you're putting it on liveusb rather than trying to install to
disk. So the general "spin install instructions" are... much less
helpful in this case.

Does this make sense? Joshua, what do you think the spins webpage
should have said? I'd like to fix it.

--Mel