[SoaS] SoaS test cases: Quick way to test Activities

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun May 2 15:46:27 EDT 2010

Mel:

I just discovered a great way to TEST activities with Mirabelle.

Run them from a second stick.
They do not have to be installed or downloaded at all.

I am using a 2nd USB stick with 111.xo files on it downloaded from ASLO
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLO-xo.tar.gz
loaded into a usb slot of a running USB of soas-i386-20100501.07.iso
created USB

It is also possible to download them directly from
http://download.sugarlabs.org/activities/ and load them onto a stick,
(2GB seems to be sufficient)

I have developed a Open Office Spreadsheet on my PC which includes the
name and activity number of each of them
I can sort this by name/activity number/ plus compatibility info for
0.82-0.88 sugar.
I am now entering testing  and compatibility info into this spreadsheet
as I test.

I think that this method of testing may also work for Blueberry and
Strawberry and maybe even the XO-1 (140py)
(I will test this later)
This technique  depends on being able to see the 2nd USB and start
applications from it.

I open the 2nd USB in the frame and then select the journal.
The 2nd USB then appears in left corner under the frame and when
selected, displays each activity.xo.
these can be started by clicking on them.
Each activity on the 2nd USB can be started, tested, and run this way,
without loading on the soas live USB.

Very Quick Usefull way to test. I hope others can adopt it also.

Tom Gilliard
satellit