[SoaS] SoaS test cases

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat May 1 23:42:55 EDT 2010

Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
> Mel Chua wrote:
>
>> http://blog.melchua.com/2010/05/01/soas-test-cases-we-can-haz-them/ for
>> more details and current test results:
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Mirabelle.
>>
> I just added my tests to it.
>
>> The short
>> version is that everything's working except collaboration (which has a
>> known fix, see below) and Read (not because the Activity doesn't work,
>> but because there's nothing to read with it and it's therefore hard to
>> test/quickly-start-using).
>>
>> In terms of getting Mirabelle ready to go out the door, right now we need:
>>
>> * this telepathy-gabble update,
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/telepathy-gabble-0.9.11-1.fc13,
>> to be pushed to the Fedora updates repo – it has +3 karma but is still
>> in testing, and must be pushed before Tuesday; without it, collaboration
>> in SoaS does not work at all.
>>

> In the meantime; this will bring up the Network Neighborhood for
> Collaboration over the internet:
> Sebastian found this and it works:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=168852
> I uploaded it to a more convenient location:

I just discovered that you can copy paste the "telepathy-gabble-0.9.11-1.fc14.i686.rpm"

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/telepathy-gabble-0.9.11-1.fc14.i686.rpm

file into the opened USB folder on a PC Desktop from where you have previously downloaded it to the PC Desktop.

Do the same with the SugarClone script:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/SugarClone

Then when you boot from the USB, You have a self duplicating USB

In sugar-terminal:
su
rpm -Uvh /mnt/live/telepathy-gabble-0.9.11-1.fc14.i686.rpm
Reboot the USB and Presence service will work.
and then:
su
/mnt/SugarClone will duplicate the customized USB, with the fixed presence service, to a 2nd USB of the same type.

Tom Gilliard
satellit