[SoaS] Sugar-Creation-Kit DVD (preliminary version) is available to download for testing and comments (I have just burned the , iso on a G4 Mac sucessfully ans suggestions)

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Mar 31 08:57:54 EDT 2010

Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I have started making my way through the huge collection of resources you have compiled for the DVD.  It will take a while as I keep getting distracted by interesting things and wanting to read more than needed for a simple test.  So far I have only gone over the first few on the list.  Here are my comments. I will do more tomorrow.
>
> ==What is on this DVD?==
>    version .04

I am updating the collection here in a Desktop folder and missed the
version no.
(It is HUGE upload to sunjammer so I do not plan to update it very often)

Note: You can copy the files from the DVD to a folder on your Desktop
and  add/subtract files and edit them. Then burn a new DVD:

Here is my method :
======================

> A user can burn the .iso
> copy content to a folder, edit it
> set permissions
> burn to a DVD.
> dd if=/dev/sr0 of=xxx.iso
> and distribute it
> etc..etc
>
> Crude but effective..
This way you can add local content and distribute the DVD/.iso locally
===================

> (version .05?)
>
> *-READ THIS FIRST.html
> ("What is Sugar"- a grapical introduction)
>
> This is an excellent resource, however are the instructions for Mac the latest?  What about the other OSs? If not, should there be a note referring the reader to the latest information?

For other OS's see Links in bottom of "Working with Live USB's.txt"
> *-Activities Guide Sugar.pdf
> http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/ActivitiesGuideSugar-en-2010.03.28-03.52.19.pdf
> (How to write sugar activities by James Simmons)
>
> I look forward to having the time to read and try this! Only one of the links worked. It opened Safari.   I don't know whether the problem lies with the original links or the copy on the DVD. They do need to be fixed/updated.

you can see the other pages:
open the folder Sugar Creation Kit
click on the html files for other pages.
Preface
Preparation
Linux_instructions
Windows_Instructions
Mac_Instructions
(I have not figured how to chang these links from START HERE.html
This is a first cut
> I bid on a couple of EeePCs on ebay today and was immediately outbid.  I have a target of getting it for < $100 including shipping. Maybe that is not realistic. We shall see.

Good luck..: )