[SoaS] FW: Crazy SoaS Idea Another way to distribute sugar USB's

smiley at zenzebra.mv.com smiley at zenzebra.mv.com
Fri Mar 26 16:09:14 EDT 2010

Thomas C Gilliard <satellit at bendbroadband.com> writes:

> Caryl;
>
> I am uploading a 2GB USB img file  - ETA about 2 hrs
>
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/soas-i386-20100324-tests.tar.gz
>
> if you expand this file you will find
> soas-i386-20100324-liveusb-creator.img
>
> Burn this to a 2Gb or larger USB/SD
>
> dd if=soas-i386-20100324-liveusb-creator.img of=/dev/sd(*)  *( your
> device name for USB, sda/sdb/sdc/.....)

Yeay!  Now that's something I can use to install SoaS!  I posted a
message here a while ago, asking how to install SoaS without Windows.
I am glad someone whipped up a way to do this.

> This USB when booted will have liveusb-creator (with extra command
> --reset-mbr ) as a sugar application ( large O ) on f3 ring.
> (or command line in sugar terminal)

With the first SoaS stick installed, I should be able to use that to
install to second and subsequent sticks.  Thanks.

Great work!