[SoaS] Boot Splash-Screen

Raffael Reichelt raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 21 03:48:36 EDT 2010

2010/6/21 James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>:
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 08:12:08AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Raffael Reichelt
>> <raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> > I understood, we are now an official Fedora-Spin, but should our
>> > bootscreen not be at least sugarized? I think I remember strawberry
>> > booted with a nice sugarlabs logo.
>>
>> It is sugarized. For the SoaS boot we have a boot screen not
>> dissimilar to the OLPC one. The difference is that we display a sugar
>> logo at the beginning.
>
> Current OLPC builds display a "Sugarlabs" and a "Fedora remix" logo.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

I exactely followed Sebastians instructions for building an image from
fedora hosted git - there is only a fedora-pre-boot screen (automatic
Boot in 10 seconds) followed by a fedora14 progress bar on a black
screen.

I just tried booting with hardware in my office - it is the same.

What did I do wrong now? are there specific requirements to
video/display to show it?

Raffael