[SoaS] Boot Splash-Screen

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Jun 21 06:38:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Raffael Reichelt
<raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2010/6/21 James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>:
>> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 08:12:08AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>>
>>> It is sugarized. For the SoaS boot we have a boot screen not
>>> dissimilar to the OLPC one. The difference is that we display a sugar
>>> logo at the beginning.
>>
>> Current OLPC builds display a "Sugarlabs" and a "Fedora remix" logo.
>>
>> --
>> James Cameron
>> http://quozl.linux.org.au/
>>

> I exactely followed Sebastians instructions for building an image from
> fedora hosted git - there is only a fedora-pre-boot screen (automatic
> Boot in 10 seconds) followed by a fedora14 progress bar on a black
> screen.

It sounds like what Raffael is talking about is the screen before the
plymouth boot screen comes up. It is indeed true that this syslinux
screen is currently Fedora branded.

Should we evaluate modifying that (I'm thinking of the sugar-logos
package) and probably put that through the feature process? Is there
anybody who'd be interested in taking this?

--Sebastian