[SoaS] Upgrading Sticks

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 23:23:38 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Raffael Reichelt <
raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if  there is a
> way to update an existing stick, e.g., Strawberry to Mirabelle.
> Regards,
> Raffael

That is a good question!

To preserve your Journal contents, consider this recent message,

Also see http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/LiveOS_image for some background
information on alternate installation options.  The Live USB Creator methods
do not create a separate Home directory, and so, will more rapidly consume
the persistent storage area on the stick.

If the storage capacity of your stick is large enough (4+ gigabytes), you
may want to consider a non-compressed filesystem install (sometimes called a
"full install") without the write-once overlay of the LiveOS that is used
for operating system changes, but you'll have to sort through the various
experiments here,

Tell us more about your experiences!  An easier installation and upgrade
path with instructions is surely needed.