[SoaS] [Marketing] Fresh Sugar presetnations?(+? about SoaS)

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:17:01 EST 2010

Hi Bernie and all,

I am working on a presentation for educators about Sugar at the SCaLE 8X event in Los Angeles on Feb 19-21.  I am away from home at the moment and probably won't get a chance to post or send it to you until just before the talk.

I do plan to include a lot of screen shots of various Activities and hope to be able to demonstrate Strawberry running in a Virtual Box on my Macbook. I may also be able to borrow a PC from someone at the event and get Blueberry to run from a pendrive on it.

Here is the rub:  I know a lot of you have been working on getting Blueberry fixed so it will run without glitches on classroom PCs in the hands of non-techie educators.  Have the problems I was encountering a couple of weeks ago been solved?  I would love to be able to send a lot of folks home with loaded pendrives or live CDs they could use at their schools.

Back to Bernie's question...If your audience is not educators, you might find it better to concentrate on what help is need from volunteer programmers to help make Sugar the best choice for educators everywhere.

You may also want to feature some of the interesting things being done in the Contributors Program that go far beyond the simple classroom applications.

Have fun... share what you come up with with all of us.  If you have yours ready to go before mine. I could love to steal some of your ideas.

Caryl