[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SOAS-3: Final Activity List - Attention needed!

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:16:15 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
> <satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
> > SugarClone script should be included
> >
> > http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/SugarClone
> >
> > works well
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> As I've already mentioned its not packaged in Fedora so won't be
> included. Once that is the case I'm happy to change that.

Please include the script, livecd-iso-to-disk, which is packaged in
Fedora.

It has been included in soas-strawberry.iso and
soas-2-blueberry.iso (in the /LiveOS directory) but has not been in the
Mirabelle soas-i386-<date>.iso files so far.

This will enable on-board replication of SoaS images.

Thank you, and everyone, for the hard work!

I've been testing Mirabelle, and it is the fastest SoaS image ever.

I am most concerned about the lack of telepathy-gabble (world-wide)
collaboration.

Mirabelle also struggles with VirtualBox (at least on 32-bit versions
without hardware
virtualization support) compared with Strawberry.  It boots very slowly (a
multi-minute
wait), doesn't catch the graphics mode reliably, and is sluggish in Sugar
(too painful to
test).  Strawberry was quite usable in VirtualBox.  Of course, there have
been many changes in both guest and hosts.

        Thanks again,          --Fred