[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SOAS-3: Final Activity List - Attention needed!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:22:31 EDT 2010

Hi Fred,

>> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
>> <satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
>> > SugarClone script should be included
>> >
>> > http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/SugarClone
>> >
>> > works well
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> As I've already mentioned its not packaged in Fedora so won't be
>> included. Once that is the case I'm happy to change that.
>
> Please include the script, livecd-iso-to-disk, which is packaged in
> Fedora.
> It has been included in soas-strawberry.iso and
> soas-2-blueberry.iso (in the /LiveOS directory) but has not been in the
> Mirabelle soas-i386-<date>.iso files so far.
> This will enable on-board replication of SoaS images.

I'll add it to my todo list. I believe its part of the livecd-tools.

> Thank you, and everyone, for the hard work!
> I've been testing Mirabelle, and it is the fastest SoaS image ever.
> I am most concerned about the lack of telepathy-gabble (world-wide)
> collaboration.

We're working on it and we think we know where the issue lies. Watch this space.

> Mirabelle also struggles with VirtualBox (at least on 32-bit versions
> without hardware
> virtualization support) compared with Strawberry.  It boots very slowly (a
> multi-minute
> wait), doesn't catch the graphics mode reliably, and is sluggish in Sugar
> (too painful to
> test).  Strawberry was quite usable in VirtualBox.  Of course, there have
> been many changes in both guest and hosts.

I'm seeing the same issue with kvm virtualisation. It looks to me like
a udev issue. If you remove the gui on boot you see it stops there for
_AGES_ but I've not worked that one out yet.

Thanks,