[SoaS] Generating a list of SoaS spins

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Sep 24 01:09:30 EDT 2009

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick#Generate_a_list_of_SoaS_spins

(I'm using the word "spins" because it seems to work - feel free to
suggest and use a different one if you've got an alternative.)

We need a directory of SoaS spins so that developers interested in
liveusb Sugar efforts can see which ones are currently ongoing. My
understanding is that developers can call their project whatever they
want, so long as it does not interfere with the usage SL decides on for
the term "SoaS" (in other words, a SoaS spin can't have the name "SoaS,"
though it can use the word "SoaS" in conjunction with some other term).

Right now, I only know of Sebastian's spin as an active project, but I'm
pretty sure there are more (Debian, SuSE, Ubuntu folks, come represent, yo!)

Sebastian, what's the name of your spin, and the project URL you'd like
people to go to?

Other folks who are making spins, what's the name of your spin and the
project URL you'd like people to go to?

--Mel