[SoaS] Upcoming Changes for SoaS v3

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Mon Dec 28 15:33:54 EST 2009

I just pushed a number of changes to the master branch of Sugar on a
Stick in GIT. The files we used to compose Blueberry are still around in
a branch named blueberry, if somebody is looking for them.

* SoaS v3 will only consist of packages that are in Fedora.

This is probably the most significant change, but helps a lot in
entertaining a good connection with our upstream project.

Why so? Because the current way of shipping a number of forked packages
a high amount of work to keep everything up to date. Working with our
upstream project doesn't only share the benefits, but will also allow us
to keep the whole Sugar on a Stick development sustainable.

I'd like to take the chance again to invite people to help with the
development of Sugar on a Stick directly. Especially packaging will be
helpful, but all kinds of skills are great! Just say hi on this list...

--Sebastian