[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SoaS with Sugar 0.87.2 coming to a system near you (Testing observations)

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Dec 30 19:20:25 EST 2009

Sebastian:

soas-3-20091228.iso (more comments) on preliminary run:

tested on:
 * VMworkstation 6.5.2
 * booted from burned CD
1. has "live user" as name on startup
( note: If you hit left button [back] you can change name from "live user")
2. zyx-livinstaller crashes in both user and root terminal after brief
start.
3. livinst (Anaconda) crashes also the same way
 > As a result cannot make VM or install to USB using these 2 methods<

4. Browse loads Analyze fine from Browse / Activities.
5. XoIRC v4 application only opens #olpc-help , should it also open #sugar?
( still unable to save IRC settings by clicking on tab and checking auto
join box)
6. "Register" on f3 menu ( switches to schoolserver.xsdev.solutiongrove.com)
( can edit entry on control panel/network to jabber.sugarlabs.org and
reboot)

 >Are schoolserver and jabber the same connection?
   I see the same Avitars on F1 Neighborhood using both settings

otherwise looks good

Tom Gilliard
satellit