[Marketing] Logotype for Dextrose

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Aug 6 00:04:37 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 09:09 -0400, Christian Marc Schmidt wrote:

> I'm not sure about the green/white combo. Where did the new colors
> come from? We should really adopt the Sugar color and identity system.

> Walter had initially suggested that we append the name of the release
> to the Sugar logo, and I still think this is the right approach. The
> more consistent we are with the visual language, the more we can
> ensure that it resonates with people and becomes an identifiable
> brand.

> I've attached the range of options we had designed previously,
> including the new Dextrose. Page 2 of the PDF has all color
> combinations (the same as in the attached SVG).

> Does this work?

We discussed it here in Paraguay. We feel that the result of combining
the words "sugar" and "dextrose" is somewhat redundant. Dextrose is
another name for the the common variety of sucrose, which is the
scientific name of common sugar.

The idea is to show a Dextrose logo on top of the screen during boot,
with the Sugar Labs logo still present in the bottom-left corner. The
Dextrose logo would be bi-colored. If white & green seem awkward, we
could pick another combo. Which one would you recommend for Dextrose 1?