[Marketing] Static+wiki website integration problems to be fixed before Monday - urgent

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Mar 16 01:45:31 EDT 2009

Sean DALY wrote:
> * Google returns the following text for the http://wiki.sugarlabs.org
> address: "11 Mar 2009 ... Spin-off of the "Sugar" desktop environment
> to another project." This should read instead: "www.sugarlabs.org is
> the homepage of the Sugar Labs nonprofit, maker of the Sugar Learning
> Platform for children." Note that we can update with text descriptive
> of the wiki after the launch, when the homepage will be properly
> indexed.

I figured this out.  It's being caused by this directory improperly
listing us among sweeteners:

http://www.business.com/directory/food_and_beverage/ingredients/sweeteners/sugar/weblistings.asp

I've rated this result down in my Google search account, and submitted a
new description to business.com.

I also rated down another search result saying "Displaced by XP, Sugar
Labs goes it alone".  Please, use your personal accounts to rate up/down
 results for "sugar labs", "sugar wiki", "sugar learning", and so on.
You have to be logged on and enable "Query Suggestions" in your search
preferences.

> * Similarly, Google returns the following text for the
> sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs address: "11 Dec 2008 ... The mission of
> Sugar Labs is to produce, distribute, and support the use of the Sugar
> learning platform; it is a support base and gathering .." This should
> read instead: "www.sugarlabs.org is the homepage of the Sugar Labs
> nonprofit, maker of the Sugar Learning Platform for children."

I'm afraid we can't make Google change the summary without actually
changing the contents.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/