[Marketing] Static+wiki website integration problems to be fixed before Monday - urgent

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:26:19 EDT 2009

Bernie, David

We are likely to have a traffic surge tomorrow with the media launch
and our main problem is that first-time visitors may come in the side
door (wiki) instead of the front door (new static intro), and if we
don't tell them in the clearest possible way that they are not at the
front door, they may start clicking around the wiki without seeing our
pitch at all.

What I would like is for the wiki homepage not to start off with an
explanation of Sugar (the static intro is there for that and does it
better), but the line wich is currently below the old explanation
which tells visitors where they are. We can remove/rewrite the
redundant parts of that page later, but it is urgent for the wiki to
be clearly identifiable as such to teachers, parents, and funders (I
have no doubt engineers would have fewer difficulties).

As a related problem, Google is returning mysterious text phrases
which should be replaced (cf. my first message on Friday), it's
unfortunate that google calls us "11 Mar 2009 ... Spin-off of the
"Sugar" desktop environment to another project."

Can one of you please fix these problems as soon as possible?

thank you

Sean