Static site feedback: Activities page copy rewrite draft

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:23:44 EST 2009

As this is a "fun" page with colorful icons, we could consider the
excitement of an exclamation mark ;-)

proposed lead:
*********
Activities are what make Sugar unique. Many Activities can be shared
between learners with a single click. Sugar Activities are fun,
friendly, thought-provoking, and collaborative - kids can't
get enough of them!
*********

Note: clicking still keeps me in the same Firefox tab... leaving the
SL site... no way back except back button :-(

Sort: I really do think we need to put the best foot forward. If I
were a teacher and the first collaborative Sugar Activity suggested
was "A tool for analyzing hardware and network information", I'd be
worried the geeks would carry me off (no offense to geeks, I chase
down bad packets with ardor myself).

Why don't we start with the Journal, and "reassure" parents & teachers
by starting out with the basics on the first line (I "demoted" Browse
since maybe no Internet):

Journal - Read - Write - Help
Chat - Browse - Distance - eToys
Calculate - TurtleArt - Maze - Memorize
Moon - Pippy - Paint - Scratch
Ruler - Record - Implode - WikiBrowse English
the 4 TamTams
Measure - Terminal - Analyze - Debug