Static site feedback: Education page copy rewrite draft

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 16:48:59 EST 2009

I like it as is except for the last graf ("These ideas are
embodied...") which seems a bit odd to me... were I a teacher, I might
take exception to some of these statements, and the characterization
of the education "industry", etc.

Here's a stab at a rewrite.. a bit vague at the end though:

The free software culture
These ideas are embodied in the culture of free software, which is a
powerful culture for learning. Educators are discovering the culture,
technology, and values of the open source movement which engages both
teachers and students: empowering them with both the freedom to act
and the freedom to be critical. Criticism of ideas is a powerful force
in learning and in fostering economic development; unleashing that is
an important part of the mission. Teachers are learners too and Sugar
provides a way for teachers and students to share.