[Marketing] Possible SoaS A0 poster

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:06:25 EDT 2009

OK Simon

Yes, I'm planning to arrive Thursday afternoon... it's difficult for
me to take days off work unfortunately.

At $6-$9 a pop, no we haven't reordered branded sticks. We can revisit
that when we get more funding. The SoaS image actually fits on a 512
Mb stick for basic testing purposes, I have ten or so plain ones I can
load and hand out to contacts. Stores in Brussels aren't selling
unbranded sticks under 4 Gb any more and I haven't had the time to
order 50 or 100 online.

I will have the banners on Monday, but it would be very expensive to
express ship one to you in time for Wednesday (they are heavy with the
metal bases). We can certainly look at other poster designs, but that
means someone needs to do the design (suitable for printing large
format). You could go down to the copy shop today and have posters
ready on Monday, or even a vertical poster of one of the booth banner
designs, why not do that?

The beauty shots session with the XOs and netbooks has been delayed,
it's in that photo that we will mix branded and unbranded sticks. The
press release will also make it clear that any 1Gb stick will do.

As far as I know our facility to flash sticks will be our netbooks in
the booth, right?

The launch event of SoaS will be in the media... but it will be
datelined Berlin with our booth number so LinuxTags attendees who see
it will come see us.

I am still hoping to have t-shirts ordered and delivered to you
directly, Spreadshirt claims they can turn around a hand-screened
order in 48 hours.

My priorities today are 1) the press release as today is the deadline,
2) flyers (in English) which I hope to get done by tomorrow morning.

Do we have any news about demoing Sugar collaboration on the netbooks,
which seems to be forbidden since no access points are permitted? And
the two large tables for demos, will there be a big screen or
projector on the back wall we can use?

thanks

Sean