[Marketing] first mockup of a rollup banner for booths

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Jun 3 17:19:42 EDT 2009

Hi all,

On 3 Jun 2009, at 20:06, Eben Eliason wrote:

> Not to nit-pick all day, but a few more comments follow. =)

:-)

> 1. Some of the activity icons come pretty close to the edges. I'd give
> the tight ones just a little more space.

OK, done.

> 2. Did you scale the Sugar logo down?

Yes (was trying to 'split the difference').

> It no longer seems to match the
> width of the "sugarlabs.org" text at the bottom of the banner as it
> used to. I liked having those margins clearly defined by the text
> (even though the activity icons break those margins, which is fine).

Good point, wasn't paying attention – I've upped the size of the
"sugar learning platform" treatment to match the width of
"sugarlabs.org", this did mean I needed to slightly shuffle down the
central ring and TamTamMini icons for a little more breathing space.

> 3. "Sugar" looks ever so slightly narrower than "learning platform."
> This is an optical illusion on account of the shape of the letterforms
> and the lighter outline with the dark fill, but tweaking it slightly
> would help.

Yep, pushed a little larger.

On 3 Jun 2009, at 20:44, Sean DALY wrote:

> I'm afraid Eben beat me to it :-)

:-b

> May I add a tiny nitpick of my own? Now that TurtleArt has a peppier
> fill color, Read seems to green near TA. Orangish possible for Read?
> Sorry I didn't see that earlier.

Yea... was waiting for that one, but on the fence about it, rapidly
running out of colour popping combos :-) I did really like the dark
green & light green, set so I've gone for swapping Memorize with Read
so that all that green iconography is further away from TA (TA _so_
wants to be yellow-blue but I'm trying to minimise any blue,
especially so close to the logo).

Thanks for all the feedback, banner is all the better for it!

Regards
--Gary