[Marketing] [IAEP] Debrief of Sugar on a Stick v1 Strawberry launch for all teams

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 02:28:59 EDT 2009

Thanks for detailed and comprehensive report Sean. I hadn't understand the
importance of visuals and your report explained that very clearly.

btw your report doesn't contain any links - I found the gallery page
http://www.sugarlabs.org/index.php?template=gallery&page=gallery but still
wasn't sure what you  meant by this:
a great many websites carried screenshots of Buddy View with
collaboration; the large colorful icons in that screenshot kept their
visual code when thumbnailed, better than the Neighborhood View

I guess your are referring to either the Groups or Journal screenshot?

I had a look at the videos here: http://www.dailymotion.com/sugarlabs and
noticed that they don't have sound. Sound would improve them a lot.

Related: I recently did a search for xo videos for a presentation - there
are a lot out there (you tube) and I found it difficult to find good ones.
Most are too general and often the quality is poor. In the end the ones I
picked out were either professionally done (eg. David Pogues NYT) or had an
interesting twist of gimick, eg. 9yo evaluating the xo or joel's video
showing two kids pulling it apart and putting it back together

Possibly some high quality, high profile videos - some illustrating specific
interesting features or with an original creative twist (educational
bloggers might pick up on that) - would help promotion of sugar.