Next week's Marketing meeting is ON. [was Re: Marketing leadership]

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Jan 29 12:02:25 EST 2009

We've got a pressing need for SL Marketing. FOSDEM is coming up. We need
swag. We need pitches. We need a shiny, shiny website and guides and
getting-started welcome troops (and much, much more).

Therefore, I'm going to convene two (2)* SL marketing meetings, on Feb
3rd and Feb 10th - normal time, normal place, as stated at
http://sugarlabs.org/go/MarketingTeam/Meetings. Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #sugar-meeting Time: Tuesdays at 1600 UTC.

We'll be focusing on FOSDEM prep and the generalization of FOSDEM prep
to fit other events/needs - add more stuff to the agenda if you have
ideas (http://sugarlabs.org/go/MarketingTeam/TODO).

--Mel

*We still need someone to step up to be the longer-term Marketing Team
lead. This is very, very temporary and only because of FOSDEM; about the
only experience/talent I possess in the marketing-hat direction is the
ability to ask shameless questions of people who are far, far better at
something than I am. ;)