RFC: Draft text of Parent/Guardian Media Release Form for Sugar marketing materials

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:27:40 EST 2009

It's best-practice to obtain a signed release for any photo, video, or
audio of a person which will be used in marketing or PR (I include the
website in that category). This is particularly the case for children.

I am not a lawyer, but after trawling a few dozen release forms I have
worked up the text below. Have I forgotten anything?

After your comments, I would of course like to run this by the SFC who
can vet it with legal eagle eyes.

thanks

Sean
Marketing Coordinator

***********
Sugar Labs Media Recording Usage Release

I hereby grant permission to Sugar Labs to use the photographed,
videotaped, and/or audiotaped image and likeness of:
(please print name)

_______________________________________

for the following uses:

* Promotional/advertising materials
* Recruitment/Outreach/Fundraising media
* Educational/Instructional media
* Newsworthy media documentation

I further authorize Sugar Labs to use this electronic media and/or
photographs in any manner, in whole or in part. The photographed,
videotaped, and/or audiotaped image and likeness may appear in print,
television, film, radio, on websites or other electronic media, or as
design elements in public displays and presentations and will be made
available under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) version 1.2
or later with no invariant sections and the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) version 3.0 or later. I understand
and agree that this will allow usage of the recording in original and
modified form for all purposes, including commercially, as long as the
respective requirements for attribution of original statements and
changes are met.

I further waive any claim to remuneration and any right I may have to
inspect or approve any use of this electronic media and/or photographs
and I release Sugar Labs and its photographer/recordist/interviewer
from any future claims, as well as from any liability, which could
result from its use.

A parent or guardian must sign this form if the participant is a
minor. In this case, I understand that the child's last name will
never be used in conjunction with any video or digital images.

Name of Parent or Guardian:

Address:

Telephone Number:

Signature of Parent or Guardian: