Sugar - punchline

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Feb 10 09:34:20 EST 2009

2009/2/10 Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>:
> Caroline Meeks wrote:
>> My favorite is "Sugar, because learning to learn is sweet!"
>
> I guess this brings us to an issue. Depending on the use case and the
> target audience the slogan might change. For example, yours is something
> for a sticker I would say. For a description in a software dialog one
> must describe in a few words best what you get.
>
> As well different audiences might expect different descriptions. A
> 'platform' does give a good explanation to technical people a
> 'playground' maybe more to educators etc

+1

I think in this case the description/punch line will be seen by
distribution developers when they try to know what the 'sugar' package
is and by linux users that are browsing/searching in their
distributions installer what is available.

So I recommend that this line mentions that sugar is a platform for
learning and that it has the words education and games on it.

Regards,

Tomeu