Recruiting and Tasking Marketing Interns for the fall.

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sun Nov 23 12:19:08 EST 2008

A student that is working with Sugar Labs from Sloan has offered to post on
their internal lists a help wanted ad for us.
We are also recruiting an Intern team from Babson we hope.
My theory is if we make it easy to get involved we'll see other
opportunities to recruit student volunteers.

So: What do We Want Marketing Volunteers to Contribute?

Here is a list to start please continue the brainstorming.

Sugar on a Stick - Needs collateral to support us as we ask companies to
donate computers and USBs.

Write White papers
Create and distribute a survey for various market segments to find out what
they feel are the most compelling pieces of our value proposition.
Create one or more elevator pitches to help people describe the product.
Create collateral to give out at conferences aimed at various market
segments such as teachers, developers, funders
Create boilerplate to help people include Sugarizing educational activities
in grants to create new educational activities
Create boilerplate to help people apply for grants to implement and study
Sugar
Create a baseline "sales demo" people can give at conferences. Clearly
people would customize for different situations but having a starting place
would empower more people to feel comfortable promoting Sugar themselves.
Create a Marketing Plan
Start on a Marketing and Advertising and community development budget that
we can use as a baseline to apply for funding.  I'm sure it will have to be
modified to meet the requirements of the grantor but again having a baseline
to iterate from would be incredibly valuable.

This is an invitation to brainstorm please add your thoughts then we can
trim and combine and put up a wiki page.

Thanks!
Caroline

--
Caroline Meeks