[IAEP] Volunteer help wanted: Elections officer, marketing, story-telling, and more

Devin Ulibarri devin at sugarlabs.org
Wed May 22 10:15:38 EDT 2024

Dear Sugar community members,

Sugar Labs is growing, and we need volunteer help with various tasks.

To help keep track of the various roles and tasks where help is needed,
I created the following page on our wiki:
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Help_Wanted

Some of the roles that I'd like to highlight are:

  * Elections Officer: Help run elections for Sugar Labs' board members;
    This role will receive support from myself, as ED, and the board.
  * Website help: sugarlabs.org is a static site, created with Jeckyll.
    We could use some help updating it, improving it, and documenting a
    workflow
  * New volunteers for our Marketing Team: Help us bring Sugar Labs to
    the people!
  * Sugar Labs stories: Did participating in the Sugar Labs community
    have a positive impact on your life? If so, we'd like to help you
    tell that story. Simply send an approx. three paragraph draft, and
    we'll help you edit and publish it.
  * Don't have any time for the above? Well, the easiest way to support
    with your time is to follow us on social media and share/boost our
    posts. Help us spread the word!

Best,

Devin

--