[IAEP] Two Project Gutenberg books that mat be of interest

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:42:24 EDT 2020

Alfred Powell Morgan was a Constructivist and a Maker before either term
existed. He loomed large in my life in the Sixth grade and two of his books
in the public domain have been transcribed by me for Project Gutenberg.

*The Boy Electrician*

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/63207

*How To Build A 20-Foot Bi-Plane Glider*

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/63077

The first book was one I read back then, but the edition I read was a much
later edition. That is available as a reprint.  The second book I only
discovered recently. Both are lavishly illustrated by the author.

I have donated several e-books to Project Gutenberg, including complete
translations of *The Ramayana* and other sacred texts of Hinduism, *Farewell
My Lovely* by Raymond Chandler for PG Canada, and I even taught myself
LaTeX so I could publish new editions of some of these books for print on
demand. None of that work fills me with the pride that making *The Boy
Electrician *available as a free e-book does.

You might object to the title, and I agree it hasn't aged well, but if the
book had been called *Electricity Projects for Boys and Girls* back then I
wouldn't have gone near it and my life might have taken a very different
course.

Check it out!

James Simmons