[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugar Trisquel image Ready for testing.

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:34:23 EST 2020

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 23:01, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 02:16:27PM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:
> > I notice that Music Blocks isn't in the Trisquel Etiona set
> Music Blocks doesn't run as a Sugar activity yet.
OK, thanks.

> > Of the other activities, I couldn't make Develop do anything useful,
> I saw that when building OLPC OS.  A fix was pushed to the master
> branch of the upstream repository, and my guess is you cloned the
> Sugar Labs fork instead.  I've updated the Sugar Labs master branch.
That's right. I'll update from there.

> > > I see that you've done it manually and I'd love to know what you did.
> > Nothing special. Just searching each activity on
> > github.com/sugarlabs and filling in the fields
> searching for activities using repositories on github.com/sugarlabs
> is not (and never has been) a reliable process.

Ah. For the moment I'll leave at that as I have managed to get all the
Activities in Etiona installed. The awkward ones were Music Keyboard
in Python3, which needs the python ctcsound module, that is only
available for Python2 in Debian, but it is Python version agnostic so
I fish it out and copy it into /usr/lib/python3.7, and the first
version of metacity without the overlay bug (3.34) now needs libc6 >=
2.29 for amd64 instead of 2.28 for i386, which leads to dependency
hell. I'm not sure how to work round that yet, other than limiting
myself to 32-bit builds or getting Debian stable updated with the fix,
which could be a slow process.

However I'm getting there...