[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugar Trisquel image Ready for testing.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 4 16:25:55 EST 2020

On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 04:34:23PM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:
> The awkward ones were Music Keyboard in Python3, which needs the
> python ctcsound module, that is only available for Python2 in
> Debian, but it is Python version agnostic so I fish it out and copy
> it into /usr/lib/python3.7,

Yes, that's right.  A more perfect solution is to backport and rebuild
the csound source package from Debian Testing.

When I was building OLPC OS from Ubuntu 20.04, this wasn't a problem
because Ubuntu had already taken the csound source package from Debian
Testing.  All I had to do was declare the dependency on
python3-csound, and it all worked fine for Music Blocks 13.

> and the first version of metacity without the overlay bug (3.34) now
> needs libc6 >= 2.29 for amd64 instead of 2.28 for i386, which leads
> to dependency hell. I'm not sure how to work round that yet, other
> than limiting myself to 32-bit builds or getting Debian stable
> updated with the fix, which could be a slow process.

Yes.  However, the dependency is unlikely to be explicit, likely to be
accidental.  It isn't in the debian/control.in for the metacity source
package.

A more perfect solution is to backport and rebuild the metacity source
package from Debian Testing.

When I was building OLPC OS from Ubuntu 20.04, this wasn't a problem
because Ubuntu had already taken the metacity 3.36 source package from
Debian Testing.

> However I'm getting there...

Good.

--