[IAEP] Announcement of the candicacy of Lionel Laské for SLOB

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:20:45 EST 2018

Hi Alex,

Le mar. 27 nov. 2018 à 18:27, Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com> a écrit :

> Lionel,
>
> Thank you for stepping forward. I encourage others to ask questions of you
> as well. I have a few:
>
> Sure, you're welcome.

> Are you willing to state that you will make your best effort to attend all
> SLOB meetings? There is no statement to this effect on your candidacy page,
> and as you are no doubt aware, I have called out a number of current SLOB
> members out regarding their extremely poor attendance.
>
> Few things about that.
Thanks for the count you've done about attendance for each SLOB member. I
respect your work however I must say you're wrong on me at least for the
last meeting. I was there as you could see on the log.  BTW the question is
not about meeting attendance but more about meeting content. I must say
that we spent in 2 previous years lot of time and energy to talk and debate
about travel reimbursement for some members. These debates discouraged lot
of SLOB members and it's probably the reason some of them decided to not
candidate again. I must confess I was questioning myself too: your own
candidacy was one reason to motivate me that something could be changed
(please James, join us too ;-).
Finally, I'm not sure anyone could have doubt about my personal engagement
in SugarLabs during past years.

> Also, on your candidacy page, you state "We are an open source community.
> It should be asserted on our webpage and we must choose tools compatible
> with that philosophy. It's not acceptable for example that today the
> SugarLabs webpage include multiple tracking tools."
>
> Can you be more specific about what sort of tracking tools you believe are
> problematic? I personally agree that the Sugar Labs website needs to do a
> better job explaining what the project is, and that it is an open source
> project (these words to not appear anywhere on the Sugar Labs landing page).
>
> I think specifically to Google Analytics. But as you said the main point
is that words Open Source should appears clearly.

Regards,

Lionel Laské <lionel.laske at gmail.com>