[IAEP] Announcement of the candicacy of Lionel Laské for SLOB

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Tue Nov 27 12:19:55 EST 2018

Lionel,

Thank you for stepping forward. I encourage others to ask questions of
you as well. I have a few:

Are you willing to state that you will make your best effort to attend
all SLOB meetings? There is no statement to this effect on your
candidacy page, and as you are no doubt aware, I have called out a
number of current SLOB members out regarding their extremely poor
attendance.

Also, on your candidacy page, you state "We are an open source
community. It should be asserted on our webpage and we must choose tools
compatible with that philosophy. It's not acceptable for example that
today the SugarLabs webpage include multiple tracking tools."

Can you be more specific about what sort of tracking tools you believe
are problematic? I personally agree that the Sugar Labs website needs to
do a better job explaining what the project is, and that it is an open
source project (these words to not appear anywhere on the Sugar Labs
landing page).

Regards,
Alex Perez

> Lionel Laské <mailto:lionel.laske at gmail.com>
> November 27, 2018 at 9:02 AM
> Hi all,
>
> I'm proud to be candidate for the SugarLabs Oversight Board election.
>
> Find more about my candidacy here:
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2018-2020-candidates/Lionel_Lask%C3%A9
>
> Best regards from France.
>
>         Lionel.